Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: pk59 processing

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Lor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2002
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    Well, I just got back a roll of my film from the mailer. They chopped off like 30 +/- seconds from the beginning. What's the deal? Has this happenned to anyone?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Lor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2002
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am sure, cause I took that roll just like two/three weeks ago. And it was the only roll that I took. When I look at the mark on the 50' reel, the film is way below the mark compared to the other rolls I had. And of course I remember what I took at the beginning of the roll.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    > And of course I remember what I took at the beginning of the roll.

    ah, but do you remember how much? it's easy to shoot 5-10 seconds and think you shot 30, and several seconds are indeed often cut off at the beginning of each roll. i know because i lost all my grayscale references and a few of the first sync slates on a short i did recently. guess that's just how they do things in switzerland, and i wouldn't be surprised if a roll spliced first in a batch could get cut even more. writing CRITICAL HEAD/TAIL/END on the cart and mailer could help, but i don't know if they would see it at all...

    /matt

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    > And of course I remember what I took at the beginning of the roll.

    ah, but do you remember how much? it's easy to shoot 5-10 seconds and think you shot 30, and several seconds are indeed often cut off at the beginning of each roll. i know because i lost all my grayscale references and a few of the first sync slates on a short i did recently. guess that's just how they do things in switzerland, and i wouldn't be surprised if a roll spliced first in a batch could get cut even more. writing CRITICAL HEAD/TAIL/END on the cart and mailer could help, but i don't know if they would see it at all...

    /matt

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 8th Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2001
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lor, are you absolutely sure? Do you really only have 40 feet of film on the reel? This seems pretty out of the ordinary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •